International Wire Transfers
Wires are a safe and convenient way to send funds
Consumer and Business clients must complete a Wire Transfer Agreement and Wire Authorization form(s) in person at any Bryn Mawr Trust branch office. These forms must be completed prior to initiating wire transfers. Frequent users will be able to initiate a wire transfer by calling Customer Service at 610-525-1700 (but must complete the necessary forms at any Bryn Mawr Trust branch office in advanced).
Clients who are enrolled in Business Online Banking will be able to initiate a wire transfer online once the proper paperwork is completed. A wire transfer will not be able to be initiated online without proper paperwork on file at Bryn Mawr Trust.
Please allow the following times for outgoing International Wires:
- Same business day availability for information received by 3:00 pm ET. Monday–Friday.
- Next business day availability for information received after 3:00 pm ET Monday–Friday.
Foreign currency conversion delays may result is longer wire transfer times.
Incoming domestic wire information must be received by 4:00 pm ET Monday – Friday to be process on the same day.
Wire Transfer Instructions
Wire Transfers are a convenient and safe way to move money domestically or internationally.
When sending a International Wire transfer please include the information listed below. Any missing information may delay the processing of the wire.
List of Currency Types:
- Sender’s Name
- Sender’s Address
- Sender’s Telephone Number
- BMTC Account Number to debit
- Outgoing wire transfer Amount and Currency type (see list above for most common currency type instructions)
- Name of international financial institution receiving the wire
- SWIFT/BIC of international financial institution
- Banks in the UK also require a Sort Code
- Banks in Canada also require a Transit/Routing Number
- Address of international financial institution receiving wire
- Beneficiary Name
- Account Number of Beneficiary
- Most countries in Europe use an IBAN (International Bank Account Number)
- Mexico requires a CLABE for the beneficiary account number
- Certain banks may also require a Contact Name and Contact Phone number for the beneficiary
- Verify with the Beneficiary the wire requirements
- Address of Beneficiary
- Purpose of Payment (required)
- Notes or Reference Information to accompany the wire
Please note the specific international currency wire instructions listed above. When sending a Foreign Wire transfer please also include the information listed below. Following the instructions will reduce errors in processing International Wires and reduce wait times.
For more information or to initiate an International Wire please contact Customer Service at 610.525.1700.
Directions will vary depending on the currency the funds are being wired in. Verify the currency the Originator is sending the wire in and provide the instructions for the specific currency.
Include the following information where Account holder/Account Number is listed:
- Your name
- Your account number